Mon, 04 July|
Baringa Community Centre, Caloundra West
Tween Talk - EveryBODY is Beautiful! - Holiday Workshop
A BRAND NEW workshop designed to help your pre-teen understand that she is much MORE than a body! (Girls aged 8-12 yrs)
Time & Location
04 July 2022, 9:00 am – 12:00 pm AEST
Baringa Community Centre, Caloundra West, 20 Edwards Tce, Caloundra West QLD 4551, Australia
About the event
This is our BRAND NEW WORKSHOP!!! This workshop has been developed to target our girls while they are forming views around their appearance and body. During our workshop we will cover:
- What body image is and what it means to be body positive + ;
- What factors shape our views on appearance ie Society and the Media;
- We will increase your daughters media literacy by educating her around both professional and social media. We’ll teach her all the tricks they use to create the perfect picture and break down any myths that exist around people looking 'perfect';
- We will normalise and celebrate diversity by looking at different appearance, body shapes and sizes and learn why we look the way we do;
- She will learn the importance of accepting, appreciating and celebrating her body;
- We will also be highlighting that her appearance is such a small part of who she is!!!
We will be offering a FREE parent session on the same day (Monday 4th July) from 5:30pm - 6:15pm. This is extremely exciting as we have the opportunity not only to tell you what the girls learnt about but to advise you on how best to support your daughter so that she can feel body positive! You as a parent, are one of her BIGGEST INFLUENCES when it comes to her body image - so to make sure you are doing everything in your power to promote body positivity come along and hear what we have to say! This will be a session not to be missed. You will be asked to indicate whether you will be attending on the Registration Form.
Participants are asked to bring a water bottle and morning tea.
Parents/caregivers will be required to sign their child in and out of the event.
To successfully register you will be asked to tick a box that indicates you have read, understood and agree to the following terms and conditions (so please read them) - Please click HERE to find the Terms and Conditions involved with the Tween Talk Workshops. Please ensure that you take the time to read and understand them prior to indicating your acceptance as these Terms are non-negotiable.
You will also be asked to tick boxes to indicate your Permission around Photographs and Videos being taken of your child during the workshop. Please take the time to read our Media Permission information so you can indicate your preference. Please click HERE to read information about Media Permission.
- Ticket type
Tween Talk Workshop
Tween Talk: EveryBody is Beautiful!Price$48.00