Sun, 29 May|
Bellvista Meeting Place, Caloundra
Tween Talk: Secret Girls' Business!
From Tween to Teen and everything in-between... A workshop designed to give your Tween the RIGHT information about puberty and give her the opportunity to have her questions answered! (For girls aged 9-12 years)
Time & Location
29 May, 9:00 am – 11:30 am
Bellvista Meeting Place, Caloundra, 18 Lomond Cres, Caloundra West QLD 4551, Australia
About the event
We have developed a light-hearted and friendly workshop to set the record straight and squash anxiety around the unknown. This workshop will focus on providing girls with information around puberty and what to expect. We will explore the many emotions that girls feel about going through puberty and help them to understand these emotions are normal and common between peers. We will cover both the physical and emotional changes that occur during puberty, giving them specific information about what to expect. We will identify any fears they may have and work to decrease their concerns. We will also discuss how their changing bodies may bring up some different emotions and thoughts about their physical appearance and discuss how this may affect self-esteem. So that the girls get their questioned answered, we will have an anonymous box where the girl's have the opportunity to ask any questions about this stage of life... and will have them answered during the workshop (This box is a HUGE hit with the girls)!
What we will cover:
- The changes that occur during puberty - both physical and emotional
- A brief explanation about why puberty happens
- How the girls are feeling about puberty - covering the emotions being felt and experienced
- How physical changes may affect self-esteem and body image
- Periods - what they are, what the first time might be like and what their options are
- Discussing any anxieties they may have regarding puberty and working to reduce this
- We will have a question and answer session. Girls will be able to openly, or ANONYMOUSLY ask any questions they may have and receive the correct answers.
What we will NOT cover:
- Information regarding sexual education
- Information regarding puberty changes in boys
Participants are asked to bring a water bottle and morning tea.
Parents/caregivers will be required to sign their child in and out of the event via our QR code.
To successfully register you will be asked to tick a box that indicates you have read, understood and agree to the following terms and conditions (so please read them) - Please click HERE to find the Terms and Conditions involved with the 'Tween Talk' Workshops. Please ensure that you take the time to read and understand the Terms and Conditions prior to indicating your acceptance, as these Terms are non-negotiable.
You will also be asked to tick boxes to indicate your Permission around Photographs and Videos being taken of your child during the workshop. Please take the time to read our Media Permission information so you can indicate your preference. Please click HERE to read information about Media Permission.
Secret Girls' Business